At this time of unprecedented demand, we know that you might be helping out friends, relative or neighbours by collecting their prescription. Here are a few simple tips to help you:
- Go to the right pharmacy.
- Know the name and address of the person you are collecting for.
- If you know what medicine you are expecting, it might save the pharmacy team time.
- If the patient is between 16-60, ask if they pay for their prescriptions (£9.15 per prescription item from 1st April).
- If the patient doesn't pay, know which "exemption" applies.
- Money: If the patient pays for their prescription .
- Identification: For some medicines you may be required to show a form of ID.
- Consent: If possible, take a letter of consent with you.
- Respect Social Distancing: Please see signs/notices in the pharmacy and respect their rules.
- Respect Pharmacy Staff: Pharmacy staff are under huge pressure - please be patient and polite.