The Environment & General Purposes Committee consists of eight members of the Council.
Committee Membership: Chairman: Cllr Matt Jeffers Vice Chairman: Cllr Sandy Ellis Committee Members: Cllr Clare Cheney, Cllr Alastair McPherson, Cllr Rachel Cromie, Cllr Stefanie Inglesfield, Cllr Jack Langley, Cllr Howard Mundin.
The Committee meets six times a year and considers items including the following:
- Western Road Cemetery
- Muster Green
- To provide, maintain, replace flowerbeds, barrier troughs and hanging baskets
- Footpath lighting under the Council's ownership
- Street Furniture such as litter bins, public seats, bus shelters, notice boards and salt bins
- Town Council events such as Spring Festival, South & South East In Bloom and Town Day
- To promote nature conservation
- To promote community development
- To promote economic development
- To maintain, promote, sponsorship of roundabout under licenses from West Sussex County Council