Policy & Finance Committee
The Policy & Finance Committee consists of eight members of the Council ensuring that each ward has representation. The Committee meets six times a year and to co-ordinate and undertake detailed consideration of all financial matters affecting the Council and making the necessary recommendations to the Council. These include:
- Financial and Policy making matters
- Monitoring of capital and revenue budgets and list of payments
- Dealing with terms and conditions of service of Town Council Officers and Staff
- Grants, donations and subsidies
- Preparation of the draft budget and recommendation of the precept to Council
- Ensuring that all financial regulations and systems are adhered to
- Liaison with external bodies such as local business associations
- To make recommendations to Council on the acquisition and disposal of land
- To consider any proposals relating to the devolution of assets or services from Mid Sussex District Council or West Sussex County Council.
The Policy & Finance Committee members for the Council Year 2019/20 are:
Cllr Jim Knight (Chairman), Cllr Chris Ash Edwards (Vice Chairman), Cllr Clive Laband, Cllr Mike.Pulfer, Cllr Christopher.Evans, Cllr Rachel Cromie, Cllr Richard Batesand Cllr Richard Nicholson
Policy & Finance Commitee Agendas and Minutes
If you would like to view an Agenda or Minutes that are not on the website, please contact the Town Hall.