Haywards Heath Town Council Services Update – May 2020
- The Town Hall remains closed to the Public. Any re-opening of the Town Hall will be considered against Government advice. The next review of such will be in the middle of June 2020.
- Officers and staff remain working remotely and will be available during normal working hours via email and phone (please note we only have one central line). Many of the staff are working to support the more vulnerable in our Town and are working together with Covid-19 Mutual Aid and the Haywards Heath ‘Emergency Food Hub’.
- Residents can contact their Ward Councillors via email or phone. All contact details are available on this website. Click here to access this page.
- Our Grounds Staff are continuing to work to take care of the Town. They are all following social distancing and protection advice. We kindly ask that you help our staff to observe social distancing and do not approach them if you see them working.
- The Town Mayor will not attend any events until the end of June, when the position will be reviewed. The Town Mayor will advise about his charity events in due course.
- The Town Council established the Haywards Heath ‘Emergency Food Hub’ to support the Haywards Heath Food Bank. We continue to work to provide this vital service to the Town during Covid-19.
- The Town Council continue to work together with Haywards Heath Covid-19 Mutual Aid to support the vulnerable and those self-isolating in our Town. To visit Haywards Heath Covid-19 Mutual Aid, please click here.
Contacting the Council
We can still be contacted by email or manned telephone during office hours – Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. You can also leave a message during out hours and we will get back to you, if your query is urgent, the same day or the next working day for general enquiries. Telephone 07384289668.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or if you know the email of the induvial member of staff you wish to contact.
All Council and Committee meetings are taking place virtually and have returned to their full schedule. Please check the Calendar of Council Meetings for dates. Please click here to view the Calendar of Council Meetings.
Town Hall Bookings. The Council will allow any hire bookings to postpone their event or meeting (where possible) or where cancelled, will offer a full refund. Future bookings can be considered but there is no set date for the re-opening of the Town Hall at the present time.
Town Council Events
In light of Government guidelines, our Annual Town Meeting and Spring Festival were cancelled for 2020. Our planned VE Day 75 Anniversary celebrations were held virtually. An album of photographs showing the spirit with which our Town celebrated VE Day 75 is now available on our Facebook page. Please click here to view this.
Other events planned for the year will be reviewed in line with Government guidelines going forward.